Saturday, July 23, 2011

More Great Meals on the Big Green Egg

Okay, I admit it.  I love the Big Green Egg.  As the weather continues to break records, I am doing all of my cooking outside.  In the past two days we have had cedar planked salmon and tuna, baked potatoes, grilled corn and pizza.
The crust was delicious and the pizza had a brick oven quality you usually only find great pizzerias.
However, man (and woman) does not live by dinner alone.  Dessert is equally important and we followed up dinner with cherries jubilee, also done on the grill.  I attempted to photograph the flambe portion of the process, but the blue flame did not photograph well.
We sat on the deck last evening, spooning our cherries jubilee over vanilla ice cream and enjoying a perfect end to a very hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment