Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer is in full swing

Every summer it seems that one of my lovely three daughters feels the need to move.  I realize that jobs and school have necessitated these moves, but they always manage to pick the hottest day of the year to request our assistance.  Dear dauther #3 just moved to the upper West side of NYC into a 5th floor walk-up.  After the second trip, hubby and I announced new rules for anyone contemplating a move. First, there must be an elevator if you plan to live above the first floor.  Secondly, there must be a Starbucks on the block.  And third, and probably the most important, hire a mover!  It became painfully obvious that we are not getting any younger and this was confirmed the next day when we could barely get out of bed without creaking.
This however is merely a prelim to dear daughter #2 move in Alabama.  I believe they set a heat record today.  We are planning to go there next week, when hopefully the temps will fall to a moderate 90!
This is why I love central Pennsylvania.  Temperatures are always moderate, no tornados, hurricanes, and beautiful autumns.  We do get some snow, but we deal with it efficiently and quickly. 
I wonder when I will get the call from dear daughter #1 that she also wants to move???

No comments:

Post a Comment